Translate

Monday 14 May 2012

Bryan Adams bottle feeding a bunny Happy Mother's Day

Good evening ya'll



It has been another full week since we have last talked.
It began with an exciting dinner out and the BRYAN ADAMS concert with my mommy.




I grew up with his music.  His lyrics inspired me,  made me cry, allowed to me to dance and eventually laid the foundation to falling in love.  His music still holds meaning in my life to this day.  There is not a day that goes by without spending some quality time with Mr. Bryan Adams rockin' in the car.


I got an exciting new addition to the farm this week and she gets to live inside with me.  I would like to introduce you to Kyana.



 Isn't  she adorable.  Jaydee is not a happy cat though.  I have never heard  growls, hisses and screeches that loud come out of her before.  I kept the baby in the bathroom with her litter box, food water bed and toys during the day.  When Jaydee was outside I would let her out of the bathroom and she bravely would wander around the house.  She was very quiet at first but now she is running, jumping and sliding around much to the displeasure of her older "sister".  Sergio was NOT pleased.  The day I brought her home I called him and he had  a terrible day at work.  OH OH!!  I was out doing barn chores when he got home.  I thought for sure he would go to the bathroom when he got in the house and find the SURPRISE but he didn't notice any of the changes.  When I got in the house he still had no clue we had a new family member.  I told him I had news that he might not like which trigger major things like smashing the car, getting the mule stuck or an unexpected vet call.  so when I showed him the kittie he seemed relieved.  He still wasn't as excited as I was but the next day VOILA!!  He fell in love with her.




Since Kody passed away in November, I haven't had my own inside pet.  Jaydee belongs to Katie.  Cujo prefers Sergio and I had no one that loved me.  Kyana would be the one that loves me but he is so smitten with her it will be a toss up.

The bunny cage is rockin' with all of Cappuccino's babies.  Here is the newest bunny buffet picture.


Count them,,,12 baby bunnies

Now that the bunnies are all out of the nest a did a thorough clean up
to get all the fur out since it is very warm outside.  I was so saddened
to find a dead baby buried deep beneath the nest.  I said a little prayer and buried it.  I also noticed that one of the babies was not growing as fast as the others.  I marked her ear with a blue sharpie so I could identify her instantly and keep a closer eye on her.  She was becoming critical so I went to the pet store and bought a baby bottle for kittens
and attempted to bottle feed her.








Even Kyana got to meet the baby bunny.  I was feeding the bunny on the kitchen counter when my honey got home from work.  He was so proud of me trying so hard to save the bunny but politely stated the bunny was not staying in the house.  That was not my intention.  I just want to get her strong enough until she starts eating on her own.

The fence and the gate is finally finished around the goat house so Momma goat was moved outside.  She was not happy with the move.  She is grazing and hanging out near the fence by Moomoo and Pepper's pen.  Her udder is starting to dry up.  The baby goats are doing amazing and when they are old and strong enough will be put outside in the goat house to join Momma goat.  Sophy is actually putting some weight on her broken leg.  We will remove the cast soon, check it and recast it.

It was Mother's day this week-end.  Happy Mother's Day to ya'll lovely mommies.  My honey  treated me to a lovely brunch with my two mommies and my "human" babies LOL!!






Enjoy your week ya'll.  Along with everything else we have to do around the farm.  We now start the garden!!  I LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment