Translate

Thursday 24 May 2012

A piece of heaven

Hello ya'll


I wish everyone on earth could wake up to this every morning...







Life has been glorious since the days are longer the sun is warm and the feeling of summer is in the air.  Hot days and cool nights are the most romantic of all.  Your skin is tanned to a perfect golden brown...you get to wear pretty summer clothes during the day and then at night you still get to wear your favourite pair of jeans and that perfect sweater.  

The garden is all done.  What an amazing feeling to know that after all the hard work, soon there will be new plants growing and eventually a bounty of fresh veggies every day.

I acquired the most perfect decorative furniture at Walmart while picking up new garden hoses. Take a peak...





Thank you to our neighbour Rheal for bringing his tiller to mix the new topsoil in with the garden. 



We planted peas, green beans, yellow beans, romano beans, purple pole beans, swiss chard, spinach, radishes, beets, red potatoes, white potatoes, mixed lettuce, radicchio, arugula, tomatoes, red shepherd peppers, chili peppers, yellow banana peppers and red onions.  I can't wait to start eating all of it and what we don't eat gets put in the freezer for the winter.  I look forward to sharing pictures and recipes of all the glorious things my nonna taught me.

This week was another special one in our family.  My baby girl graduated as a Cambrian College Scholar and she was also on the president's list!!!!  She has come a long way and has worked very hard to make this day possible.  She is my hero.  I love you dolly!!  Here are a few highlights from the ceremony and her graduation dinner at Respect is Burning, my favourite place other than home to eat...









My new favourite picture of my children

Congratulations Kaytlin I am so very proud of you.  I love you

The horses are doing well even though they are not grazing on fresh pasture yet. They are quite content.  They were ridden this week but they ultimately love just chillin'...




The baby goats are eating well and quite content.  Sophy is putting more weight on her leg.  It looks so promising for her.  I am so proud of the casting job we did.  We will definitely remove the cast and check it out this week end.  

We've  put Momma goat and Pepper together.  Pepper was getting greedy and eating Moomoo's grain after he was done his.  I was concerned that he wasn't getting enough to eat.  She hasn't come into heat yet and she is putting him off hard core!  They are quite content keeping each other company.  Pepper keeps wooing Momma but she'll keep putting him off until probably mid July when she comes into heat.  

The bunnies are feasting on fresh cut grasses twice a day.  I am happy to say are thriving beautifully.

Kyana, the newest member of our brood is a joy to have around.  She has captured our hearts and keeps us entertained---I'm talkin' belly laughs!!!  She is holding her own with her older feline.  Jaydee is coming around slowly but surely.  She still growls a bit but they can be within a few feet from each other without a cat fight breaking out.  She roams the house freely now- we don't put her in the bathroom any longer.  The next step is to move her food and litter box into Jaydee's room...I will take that slowly.  Here is Kyana chillin' with daddy.


As the sun sets on my piece of heaven enjoy yours. 




Live Love Laugh...
Good night ya'll



No comments:

Post a Comment